Saturday, January 3, 2015

Restaurant Review - Canton Cooks

My son and I were leaving the Falcons game last week and stop by for dinner around 8 pm on a Sunday night.  The sign outside the strip center location was tattered and worn but there were 10-15 people waiting for to go order and several others waiting to be seated.  In Sandy Springs or really any where in Atlanta to have a wait at 8 pm on a Sunday night is quite impressive.  I started to get excited just entering the spot.  The first table was covered in clean tea cups stacked 12 inches high.  As an avid tea drinker this scenery makes you tingle a little bit.  We were pretty full from the game so we ordered Pork Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Chicken.  It wasn't a culinary adventure such as the grilled squid (which they are know for) but it gives me a good idea of what the kitchen will produce.  The service was as fast as you could wish it to be and food was table side steaming hot within 5 minutes.  My sons first bite into the fried rice and he said, "Dad I think this is the best fried rice I've ever had."  He was right and so was the Sweet & Sour Chicken.  Now I know if you are a foodie and reading this you may scoff at the pineapple and ketchup sauce but I love the stuff.  Its wrong, I know its wrong and yet I love it.  The tea by the way was good.  It was as hot as McDonald's coffee use to be before the lawsuit.  Which for me is a perfect way to serve black tea.   The rice was good, not as good as everything else but good enough to be my new favorite Chinese restaurant in Atlanta.   Please give the place a try and let me know what you liked and what you didn't.

Canton Cooks 

5984 Roswell Rd Ne,Atlanta, GA 30328

(404) 250-0515

No comments:

Post a Comment