Friday, January 9, 2015

Tea Time

I love Tea Time.  Of course for me this is less formal and more about what I'm putting in my mouth.  Perfection for me is a nice helping of tiramisu and english breakfast with cream and sugar.  In the book, "The Shack", God tells the main character that nothing in life is much better than a hot cup of tea and a little tiramisu. Now I know that this wasn't from God but in my mind it is true.  I feel that God would agree.

Having tea for me isn't just a beverage to drink but an experience.  I boil the water, prep my pot with warm water, pull 5 bags tea, pour, and then place my cozy over the pot and wait 5 minutes.  I have a ramekin of white sugar and a vessel of Half & Half.  I like a white tea pot, cup and saucer.  It somehow seems to bring a touch of class and cleanliness.

When it comes to what kind of tea I like that always depends on the day but 90% of the time I drink Tetley black tea.  With Asian foods I like green tea with jasmine and on some occasions I just like something different.

No matter what the tea time I like something sweet.  Sometimes a fortune cookie with strong black tea (any Chinese restaurant), a nice nut and fruit bread from a bakery (Wholefoods), blueberry scones with lemon curd (local tea house), or my personal favorite homemade cookies (My wife's danish ribbon cookies).  I think the secret is to have something that's sweet but not to sweet. 

Tricks for making tea:
  • Don't use a Microwave
  • Always use a little sugar
  • Don't let the tea brew longer than 6 minutes (unless a specialty tea)
  • Brew for at least 4 minutes
  • Buy a tea pot cozy (English Specialty stores- They are around)
  • Serve with a proper cup and saucer (What ever tickles your fancy)
Make your tea time, what ever time that is, special.  The more special you treat your break the more special it will become to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment